Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar that keeps our skin hydrated and creates volume through its ability to bind water molecules. The Restylane range of products is designed to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid.
As we age,our bodies make less hyaluronic acid, changes in our skin lead to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, less definition and a loss of radiance. Our skin quality also diminishes. This is because of intrinsic factors that we can't control, like genetics, but also extrinsic or lifestyle factors, which we can control to a certain degree, like sun exposure and smoking.
Restylane products can’t turn back time. But, they can help smooth wrinkles and folds, restore facial volume for younger, natural-looking results, enhance or volumize the lips, and improve skin smoothness, elasticity and appearance.
The Restylane range utilizes two technologies to stabilize hyaluronic acid into a gel form. When injected, it adds volume to smooth wrinkles and enhance facial balance where needed.
Our skin also ages because of a loss of hyaluronic acid and collagen, resulting in:
Loss of fullness/volume
Loss of moisture
Weakened structural support
Loss of elasticity
Our lips may also not look the way we want.Some people, no matter their age, have lips that aren’t as full, defined or symmetrical as they desire. And over time, lips gets thinner and less defined.
1 in 5 women wish they could change something about their lips
8% wish their lips were softer
6% wish their lips were fuller
Look your best, feel your best
It can be hard accepting that growing older means looking older - and it's a personal choice to take the step to enhance your appearance. More and more people are turning to aesthetic procedures to keep looking their best.
Cosmetic procedures are no longer just surgical. Restoring a younger-looking appearance can include treatments ranging from dermal fillers to other injectable skin rejuvenation treatments.
Treatment with a product from the Restylane family typically takes less than one hour (individual treatment times may vary).
● Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St. John's wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site
● Talk with your specialist if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores.
Your Restylane treatment plan:
INITIAL TREATMENT - Step 1 - Receive your initial Restylane treatment. Your initial treatment with Restylane injectable gel will instantly add volume and may help to smooth away facial lines and restore skin contours.
FOLLOW-UP TREATMENT - Step 2 - Refresh your look with a follow-up treatment, as determined by your healthcare professional, which can help refresh the immediate results of your initial treatment.
MAINTENANCE TREATMENT - Step 3 - Maintain your look with additional follow-up treatment(s), which can help maintain long-lasting results. Your healthcare professional will recommend the right treatment plan for you based on your needs.
The most common side effects include injection-related reactions such as swelling, bruising, redness, pain, and tenderness. These effects generally disappear within one week after injection.
You’ll also discuss maintenance or “touch-up” treatments to help maintain your results.
● Use cold compresses to reduce swelling
● Avoid touching the treated area for the first six hours following treatment, so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After six hours, the area can be gently washed with soap and water
● Avoid exposure to intense heat (e.g., sun lamp or sunbathing) or cold
● Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures. Talk with your doctor about medications that may minimize an outbreak
● Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site
● After your treatment, you might have swelling, redness, pain, itching, discolouration, and tenderness at the site of treatment. This will typically last less than a week. Contact your doctor if you experience side effects beyond 14 days.
Remember to ask about follow-up appointments
Contraindications against the procedure
Infections, active herpes, active diabetes, psoriasis, taking steroids and pregnancy (when under possible stress).
Before - Catherine, 56 years
After 1 month*
Areas treated: cheeks, smile lines, marionette lines, peri-oral lines, lips, tear troughs
Products used: Restylane Volyme, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Kysse
Total volume used: 8 m